Grandma Lauritzen reciting

“ "The Living Christ”

Click on my picture!

(It may take 30 seconds to a minute to come online
from YouTube)

Dear Family,
I have just recited The Living Christ. I want you all to know how much this means to me. I know it is true. I recite it every night when I go to bed. I love it. It brings me so much peace and comfort. I will always be grateful to Mark for challenging me to learn this.
Love, Grandma


Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving memories

I have wonderful memories of Thanksgiving Day. JoAnn came over early with the turkey and started it roasting. At noon my kitchen got humming with happy voices, finishing the cooking ,
preparing food and setting the table. We had a happy gang sitting around the table. There was
JoAnn ,Kathrine,Richard,Verlee,Paul,Caroline,Lita,and me. We had a lovely dinner and all the
trimmings. To begin with we all, each one mentioned some blessings we were thankful for. It
was special. After dinner we watched the Movie, White Christmas. This is a tradition.
Then we had a surprise visit from Eric, Tyree, Austin, Alex, and Ayden. This was really special,
as many months had passed by since our last visit. They were up visiting Scott and LeeAnn.
After they left we played "Shukey Darn "game (the old standby), and more goodies were enjoyed
It was quiet and lonesome when everyone left. I went to bed reliving happy memories and
counting my many blessings. I have very blessed to have a loving and thoughtful family. And
even more blessed to live so long and be able to enjoy them. I hope everyone had a wonderful
day. I hope we all can enjoy another Thanksgiving Day !!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a great Thanksgiving Day. Wish we could have been there! Love you Grandma!! We are thankful for you everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my traveling grandchildren. IT WAS GOOD to see your comment and know you are O.K.
    Did you have a good Thanksgiving ?
    How about shooting for next Thanksgiving Day,
    and spending it together.?
    There is nothing better in this life than a
    family. I am so very thankful for mine !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great Thanksgiving Grandma!! We miss you very much and are planning on coming up to see you in the spring! Love, Ivan and Anne Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great Thanksgiving. I was so lucky to have been able to spend it with my sweet, loving Grandma. And also what I love is that you haven't lost your competitive spirit and still beat me every time at that game! I believe the Lauritzen's in Cali call it Mormon Bridge, and they even have printed score keeping sheets! They have weird rules, though. I'm glad we family here in Utah get it right.

    Oh, and a shout out to Kathrine, who in part, provided some of the yummy treats after the meal in which I stuffed my face - she made the most amazing pull apart cinnamon sugar monkey bread with cream cheese pockets and icing. Wow - I consumed a lot of calories just in that delectable dish. At least I continue to give myself reasons to go to the gym, eh?

    Love you Grandma! I hope you're having a fabulous sabbath.

    ReplyDelete