Grandma Lauritzen reciting

“ "The Living Christ”

Click on my picture!

(It may take 30 seconds to a minute to come online
from YouTube)

Dear Family,
I have just recited The Living Christ. I want you all to know how much this means to me. I know it is true. I recite it every night when I go to bed. I love it. It brings me so much peace and comfort. I will always be grateful to Mark for challenging me to learn this.
Love, Grandma


Thursday, August 20, 2009

Reminiscing about Grandma's 90th Birthday Bash!

Okay everybody, I thought it would be fun to post some pictures from grandma's 90th birthday celebration. I would love to see some pictures that everyone has from that week and I'm sure grandma would too. Here's what I have...

Me, Anje, and Aileen. Alumni of the Lollipop/Confetti Couzinettes Club. You had to be a member to understand...



We (the Verne Lauritzen families) had fun setting off fireworks outside of our hotel on the 4th. Was it legal?? Who knows... but that didn't stop us!






Donna and Brenna (Aileen's daughter)



Me and Brenna



We had fun making all of the crafts. This 4th of July necklace was a huge hit with my boys!



My boys couldn't get enough of all the fun games there were to play. I was grateful they were able to get their energy out each day!



Remember the running races we did in the gym with the kids? I think the dads were more into the competition than the kids were. It was all in good fun. :) We even had a crawling race with the babies. Did anyone get a picture of that? I believe this picture is (left to right) Keanu, Kira, Sydnee, Evan, Kawika, and Allison.



Most of the great-grandkids



My boys in front of a display table honoring grandma.



In front of grandma's cake. Surprisingly they didn't even swipe a lick! (although they wanted to!)



Special musical sung by Ivan, Gary, Verne, Ryan, Mark, and Les.



Enjoying the yummy dinner.




We were excited to see the Nilson family at grandma's party. They are some of grandma's good friends and they lived down the street from us growing up. Julene (in the blue dress) was our favorite babysitter growing up.


It was so much fun to spend time with my own brothers and sister. Unfortunately we were missing Ray though. (he was on his mission in Trinidad)

Scheming up some trouble, I'm sure...



Here we are looking all grown up...




...but don't worry, we're still kids at heart!




Grandma, we love you so much. We can't wait for the next birthday bash!



Oh, if any of you were wondering what we did on our down time at the hotel...








2 comments:

  1. Surely is fun to see the g.children having fun and see what they are up to when they have a litlle freedom. I have the most beautiful grandchildren and great grandchildren anyone could ever wish for.I am certainly blessed with a great,and wonderfulposterity. I am so thankful for my loving and thoughful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun reminiscing about the reunion. You better believe I'll be posting some of my own pictures from that trip real soon. We had so much fun and we're so glad we didn't miss it! Love the pics of the boys' tricks in the hotel room. Grandma, I have to agree that you have the most beautiful grandchildren and great grandchildren around! :-)

    ReplyDelete