Grandma Lauritzen reciting

“ "The Living Christ”

Click on my picture!

(It may take 30 seconds to a minute to come online
from YouTube)

Dear Family,
I have just recited The Living Christ. I want you all to know how much this means to me. I know it is true. I recite it every night when I go to bed. I love it. It brings me so much peace and comfort. I will always be grateful to Mark for challenging me to learn this.
Love, Grandma


Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Akina's Road Trip

We have had an eventful summer.  We Set a goal last summer to hit all 50 states as a family before Keanu (our Oldest) graduates from High School.  So we figured that we better get started.  We rented an RV and drove up the Coast of California, Oregon and up to Seattle then flew out from Seattle.  It was a blast!  We might make it a regular summer thing,  just change the location each year.  We drove across the Golden Gate Bridge, where Kawika found out it's not golden! We camped at the Redwood forest, hiked, skipped rocks, built rock towers (Keanu built the highest and Kihei Knocked them all down), and went swimming in the cold river and jumped off rocks.  We toured through the Oregon caves Kiani wasn't too sure when the guide said we might see bats!, saw the cold Oregon coast, Kawika was the only brave one to get in the water. And toured Microsoft campus in Seattle.  Each night we would drive til about 1am and pull into a walmart for the night.  The boys said they felt like hobos!  Our entire trip is now coming to a close, we flew from Seattle to Maui for the last weekend before school starts on Monday.  It has been so much fun building memories that will last a life time!!!

1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful to read about the Akina family vacation trip. It brought back memories our family summer camping trips. I hope all the families can squeeze in some trips. It is so important to make memories. Memories tie families together. You can't buy memories. You have to make them. I love you all so much !!!!!

    ReplyDelete